Physical activity levels have dropped and health care costs continue to rise. Here are some reasons why community planners should be creating fitness destinations accessible to all, now and into the future.
1. Physical inactivity: amongst the 4 leading risk factors for global mortality
2. Overweight and obesity: 39% of our global population is either overweight or obese. By 2050 this is expected to rise to 50%
3. Cost of Obesity: The cost to Australia’s wellbeing caused by obesity has leapt by 84 per cent in the past decade to more than $130 billion a year.
4. Ageing: 12% of the global population is over 60 years old; by 2050 this will rise to 22%
5. Urbanisation: 60% of the developed world lives within cities; by 2050 this will rise to 80%
Inspire change. A change for healthier, fitter and stronger communities with fun and dynamic training solutions.
The KOMPAN ‘Life Course Solution’ is the ultimate intergeneration meeting place where everyone from toddlers to senior citizens can have fun, socialise and experience the joy of movement together. See video below for an interactive view.